Budgerigars are the only species in the Australian genus Melopsittacus and are found wild throughout the drier parts of Australia where the species has survived harsh inland conditions for the last five million years. Fancy Budgie Babies also known as the common pet parakeet or shell parakeet and informally nicknamed the budgie.
These budgies are transferred to stores on a daily basis and due to the fast turnonver of these pets, it is difficult to provide the exact date of birth.
The babies are mostly in between 6-11 Weeks of Age.
Budgie babies do not show exact color when they are young and being a baby it is difficult to determine the gender.
Budgies live in flocks and roam in the wild togther. It is recommended to keep them in a minimum of pair as the baby budgies get stressed out easily and do not make in the new environment easily.
Please note, Livestock can naturally differ from each other as they are not always identical. These birds are now available in a variety of different colors. They may also differ from the images shown online. Customers may however, specify any of the requirements / likes / dislikes, if they have any. Availability of any specific color is not guaranteed. But we shall try to match as close as possible.
Livestock in store is health guaranteed. However, we cannot provide any life warranty after these pets are put and kept in any of our uncontrolled environment. It is important to provide a proper habitat by following some suggested tips. More information can also be obtained from specialized animal care staff at the time of purchase.
Bred in Free Flight Aviary
Raised only on Hari Approved Products
Kept in UVA, UVB and Infrared Nocturnal Lighting.
Care Guide and Recommendations
- A Roomy Cage (WIdth; a minimum of double time and a half of the size of bird, when they stretch thier wings. i.e. 18″ x 18″)
- Bedding (Fresh ‘n’ Comfy Recycled Paper Bedding, Corn cob or Paper towel with grate )
- Food Bowl (Usually included in Cages)
- Water Bowl (Usually included in Cages)
- Hideout (Tent / hammock) makes them feel protected.
- Toys (They love to chew, therefore, providing a few toys helps in catering to a healthy lifestyle for the pet!)
- At present these babies are in a transition of getting away from seed to pallet diet. Currently they are on a mix of Gourmet seed mix and Tropican Pallets. It is advisable to continue mixing half and half until the first small gourmet seed bag is finished and the birds are gradually converted over to the healthier diet.
- Pellets No colorful, sugary stuff (Preferable: Tropican Pellets; designed to create a mess free environment)
- Prime vitamin (Prime is a full-spectrum vitamin, mineral, amino acid supplement for birds. It is the only bird food supplement specifically formulated for seed, vegetable and fruit-based diets.)
- Mineral / Salt Block
- Cuttlefish bone.
- Spinach, Berries, grapes etc.
- Treats (Spray Millets, Living World Sticks “Honey, Fruit and Vegetable”)
- Discuss the initial care guide with the specially trained staff at the time of purchase of these birds.
- The baby budgies get stressed out easily and may result in starving to death.
- Clipping of Flight Feathers is advisable to get them easily tamed.
- The professional care staff will provide this service Free of Charge at the time of purchase.
- The clipping is done in a way that the baby can still fly a little bit but will not be able to fly high.
- Although these babies are captivity born but can still bite as they are not handled regularly in store because of the high turn over. These budgies stay a maximum of 1-3 weeks in store.
- In about a week at max these budgies stop biting and get used to of your touch and become nice pets.