WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Types of personal information we collect include:
- Your name
- Your billing addres
- Your shipping address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Your credit/debit card number
- Your pickup location preference
We may connect information collected automatically with information we already have about you in order to identify you as a Pet O Pets customer. If we are able to identify you as a Pet O Pets customer. This will save your time and the your account will always have your information available and you dont have to fill-in the same again.
Pet O Pets Automated Information Collection
In order to provide the best customer experience possible, we also use these technologies for reporting and analysis purposes, including how you are shopping our website, the performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
User Experience Information
In order to improve your online shopping experience, to help with fraud identification, and to assist our customer service representatives in resolving issues you may experience in completing online purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information. This includes: Login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited and ads clicked, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g. information entered during checkout process), and browser information.
Social Media Widgets
www.petopets.com includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, YouTube and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Information from Other Sources
We may collect data that’s publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g. a blog, chat room, or social media) can be read, collected, or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
We also obtain information provided by third parties. For instance, we obtain information from companies that can enhance our existing customer information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our customers (for example, adding address information). This improves our ability to contact you and increases the relevance of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that may interest you.
We also collect information such as your name, birthdate, e-mail address, kind of pets and their names. In order to identify you and reward you in point form.
We use in-store cameras for security purposes and for operational purposes such as measuring and observing customer traffic patterns.
Certain mobile devices contain geo-location tracking capability. We may use such capability or other geo-location tracking technology to generally identify your location in our store or your close proximity to it for marketing, to generate coupons and other offers, for analytical purposes and to prompt our associates as to which customers may need help.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED
Examples of how we use the information we collect include (but are not limited to):
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfil and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges, or requests for information about our products and services in our stores, website, or mobile website, or to otherwise serve you.
- Connect with Pet O Pets regarding customer service via our customer service center, or on social media platforms.
- Provide services such as Favourites.
- Administer contests.
- Notify you of any products you have purchased that are subject to recall or withdrawal.
Our Marketing Purposes
- Deliver promotional offers, coupons, mobile coupons, in-store receipt messages, e-mails, mobile messages, and social media notifications.
- Provide interactive features of the website or mobile applications, such as product reviews or marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions.
- Administer promotions, surveys, and focus groups.
- Automatically assign a FIVESTARS loyalty card number to you.
- Use a review you submit for commercial purposes to promote the products or services in your review. We may also include the user name and city/province you gave when submitting your review.
- Improve the effectiveness of our website, stores, associates, mobile experience, and marketing efforts.
- Conduct research and analysis.
Photographs and Information About Your Pet
We may take photographs of your pet and send them to you or your designated family members/agents via email or text to let you know, for example, that your pet is ready for pick up (e.g. in the Pet O Pets Grooming salon), that your pet is doing well (e.g. during a stay at Pet Boarding) or to commemorate that s/he has learned a new trick (e.g. in training class). We may also use the photographs on social media. Unless you ask the store associate who took your information not to do so, your email and phone number will automatically be entered into our customer database and may be used for operational and marketing purposes as provided for in this policy. Your pet’s photograph(s) may also be uploaded into the database and associated with your name.
To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our customers and our business
Investigate claims, incidents or inquiries regarding customers, associates, vendors and pets, assist law enforcement, animal control, health officials and/other government entities to respond to legal, regulatory, health and similar inquiries
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION SHARED
We share the information we collect within our Corporate Bismillah Group Inc. Business Reg. number 838315513 which includes all of it's subsidiaries and affiliates, including Pet O Pets . We also share information with companies that are closely associated with Pet O Pets, such as First Pet Co. and our website maintenace contractors.
We may share the information we collect with companies that provide support services to us (such as printers, e-mail marketers, mobile marketing, analytics providers, web hosting providers, call center service providers, payment processors, coupon delivery vendors, or data enhancement providers) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions.
Entities that Provide Financing
We may share the information we collect with companies that provide financing for your purchases.
We may disclose information we collect when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our customers, pets in our care or others.
Elsewhere at Your Direction
At your direction or request, we may share your information. For example, if you create a wish list and elect to make it available to the public, your information will be accessible on our website, mobile or social applications, or in our stores.
Sharing with Other Companies (for their marketing purposes)
We may communicate to you information or special offers from other companies or organizations. In such cases, we do not provide your personal information to them and they will not know your identity unless you choose to transact with them, in which case their privacy policies will govern your relationship. With your consent, we may share your personal information with other companies, or organizations that are not part of PetSmart. These companies and organizations may use the information we share to provide special offers and opportunities to you.
Sharing Aggregate Information with Third Parties
We may share aggregate non-personally identifiable information (information that does not directly identify an individual) with third parties for any lawful purpose.
If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding our customers. We also may retain a copy of that customer information.
WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE
Opt-Out and Access Choices
You may 'opt-out' of certain marketing communications. Most of our marketing communications are sent by email and direct mail, though you may also opt out of telephone calls, texting and online behavioral advertising as well. You may also access or change your personal information or ask us to do so.
To do so yourself, you may:
- Follow opt-out 'unsubscribe' instructions in promotional e-mails we send to you.
- Log on to petopets.com to access and change your profile information and preferences if you have an online account with us.
- VIsit us at any of our locations and request the staff to edit and delete your information provided for FIVESTARS Loyalty Program.
- Set the Help function of your browser to not receive cookies. PLEASE NOTE: this may make it difficult or impossible to make a purchase on www.petopets.com or www.firstpetco.com
- Delete our mobile app from your smart phone and follow the phone manufacturers’ directions on how to delete cookies or other technology received from our mobile website. For many phones, you will go to the Settings function to do this.
- Text STOP to text messages (SMS/MMS) we send to you.
If you need our help, please:
- Call our customer service number at 1-844-PET-O-PET (1-844-738-6-738) and tell them which information you would like to access or which types of promotional materials you want to opt-out of. Please note you may need to speak with a manager.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them which information you would like to access or which types of promotional materials you would like to opt-out of.
- If you 'opt-out' of our Pet O Pets marketing communications, you may continue to receive business communications such as order confirmations, product recall information, appointment confirmations or other administrative information. Your information will likely remain in our database, we will just mark it as inactive so that you do not receive marketing materials from us.
Online - petopets.com Cookies
The Help function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your computer not to receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services may not be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the petsmart.ca features (for instance, you will be able to browse the site, but may not be able to make a purchase).
Online - Third Party Cookies
Certain companies provide services that analyze information regarding visits to petsmart.ca. They use technology such as cookies and web beacons to collect this information. The Help function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your computer to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services may not be provided to you.
Neither Pet O Pets nor its third party providers have a systematic method for ensuring that 'Do Not Track' functionality in certain browsers can operate to prevent such tracking.
HOW DO YOU ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to keep your personal information accurate and complete, you may access or update some of it in the following ways:
If you have created a petopets.com or FIVESTARS Loyalty account, you may log in and update your account information, including contact, and billing information.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTED
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, we use industry-standard methods to protect that information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, database or system is completely secure or 'hacker-proof.' You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
'Phishing' is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through e-mail.
Children’s Personal Information
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Revised October, 2022